I kind of got all heated and such about testing, and totally forgot about Small Town Tuesday, so I present to you: Small Town Thursday.
Last week, I bitched about a few things that I don’t like about my small town (and others), but when you get down to it, I love small town life. And here are a few reasons why.
- Everyone holds the door for you. Men, women, children. I didn’t realize this was such a big deal until a few weeks ago, when I was out of town, and some dude let a door slam in my face. That never happens here. Also, that dude was a dick.
- I love that my kids are going to school with the same kids they will graduate with. This is how I grew up, and I didn’t really realize how awesome it was until a few years ago. Also, it’s pretty easy to spot who will turn out to be the whores and the hoodlums already.
- Not too many distractions. I complain about the lack of shopping, but I used to live directly across the street from a Target. I have a lot more money in my pocket as a result of not living near the Target.
- Everyone from the carhop at Sonic to the dentist will call you “sweetheart” or “darlin”. By the way, I LOVE being called “darlin”. Love. It. Swoon.
- No traffic. When we first moved here, I was constantly early everywhere, because I forgot it doesn’t take more than five minutes to get anywhere.
- It’s pretty.
Sometimes I miss the city. Mainly the ability to buy alcohol right by my house, but I don’t miss it as much as I thought I would. The city, not the alcohol buying, I really, really, miss that.