I have known for a while that we really need to get rid of some things. Clothes, toys, papers, you name it, we have an abundance of it.
Yesterday, I was putting away my new bras I got (ON SALE) last week and I really did not have any space in my dresser for them. Ridiculous. And I started looking in there. And I saw old panties. And old bras. And tags. And swimsuits that didn’t fit. And on, and on.
So I started pulling things out of my drawers. And I pulled. And folded. And threw things away. Yes, I threw away. I don’t really think Goodwill wants my torn thongs, thankyouverymuch. And I filled a trash bag. From my four drawer dresser. They are big drawers, but still.
Then I started doing laundry. And I went to M’s closet. And realized half of what was hanging in there didn’t fit her. And we filled a bin of stuff to give to a friend. Because even though we have two girls in our house, they have VERY different tastes. And body types. We filled a bag for Goodwill. And yes, we filled ANOTHER trash bag.
The fact that I was doing all of this to avoid writing my paper is irrelevant. Sorta. I did get the paper done. And we have so much more purging to do. But wow, do I feel better knowing that I got started.
And knowing that my new pretty bras have a home.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
– Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
– Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
– Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
– Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
– Link up your post below.
– Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.